Thursday, December 2, 2010

For Narnia!

I woke up at 9:15 today. We then got picked up and went to the Edwards' house where we broke into groups for what we wanted to do that day. We were in the group that wanted to go to the art museum. Since it was the largest group, we took Gemma. We walked around a bit. Katie and I got separated and I walked around with Amanda. Neither of us really understood a lot of the art, so we had funny commentary. A few of us had gone down some stairs and we could see to the garden area outside. There was no door there, but somehow Katie was out there. Rohan decided that we should all wave at her until she noticed. When we later caught up with her she told us that the door was at another part of the gallery.
Photo courtesy of Jon Wan

After the art gallery, we went to the Canberra shopping centre for lunch. I again had KFC. Katie and I then decided to do some shopping before going back for dinner. We shopped for about two hours. I got sunnies that have snakes on them to wear during Quidditch. I'm a total Slytherin! We then met up with Rohan, Tom, and Scott because Katie and I didn't know how to get back to the Edwards' house. It actually wasn't far and easy to get to from the shopping centre.
'Slytherin' sunnies and my pi shirt!
Nativity scene in the Canberra shopping
centre












Dinner was at around 5, but since we had just eaten not too long ago, I just ate some garlic bread. It was really good, though. We had dinner early because Nathan, who had organised the bus and Questacon tickets, had organised for us to all go to see the new Narnia movie. We had to take two bus loads, and I was in the second group. We left around 6:15. It was a really good movie. Katie had actually cried at the end because it talks about leaving Narnia which reminded her of the fact we are going home. Most people were waiting for the bus, but we (Katie, Rohan, Tom, and I) decided to walk back. Everyone ended up walking back, but we got there way faster because we decided to from the beginning. When we got back to the Edwards we got ice cream!

We then took the bus back to the Tinneys' house and this time we were finally the first stop! Every other time we were the last ones dropped off or the first ones picked up! When I took a shower that night, I found a slug on the shower wall. Showering with a slug was definitely a first! The eight of us talked again before going to bed.

No comments: