Friday, December 3, 2010

"I feel like Dory trying to speak whale!" - Katie

I woke up around 9 and played with the Tinney's dog and we all talked during breakfast. The bus came to pick us up at around 10. We had turned the wrong way and gotten lost, so it was taking forever! I had a headache, but listened to Glee, which cures all headaches. :P (Although I doubt it would have cured my brain tumour induced ones...)

When we got to the Edwards house we decided to all walk to the city centre. I walked with Katie, another Caitlin, Liz, and some other girls. We ate at the food court again, and of course I had KFC for the third day in a row. We also did some shopping around town. We went to Big W because I needed to get more flip flops, aka thongs. I ended up getting a white and a black pair because they were only $1 each. I also got some candy and when I was checking out I noticed some play-doh, so I bought that too. We then all went to the cafĂ© in Borders and talked for a while. Everyone left except Katie and I, so we walked around the city a bit before going back to the Edwards' house. We went to a souvenir store, and I bought some koala slippers!

We then went back to the Edwards' house to just relax and some of the guys were watching the big Cricket game on tv. I just relaxed and played with my play-doh. When we were getting ready for dinner, Katie, Rohan, and I were playing with my play-doh. We made a few things, such as a Christmas scene and a bunch of fruit. Then it was dinner time, and we had stir fry. They also had some leftover ice cream, but I only got like half of a scoop, which was sad.
My surgery created a love of brains
As if Play-doh wasn't nerdy enough...
I made DNA!











After dinner, we took the bus back to the Tinneys' and we were the first ones off again! On the bus, Nathalie and Katie were practicing their Aussie accents. They couldn't get the hang of saying 'No' in an Aussie accent and it was hilarious. I didn't even try because I don't need to do anything else to embarrass myself, haha. This caused Katie to say the title. When we got back I repacked all of my stuff because my suitcase became a mess over the bus trip and the last few days, plus we were going to NTE the next day.

The guys decided to go to a waffle place before coming back, so it was just the girls. We had a big heart to heart that night and the three of them cried. Katie was making fun of me because I was the only one not crying, but I'm pretty sure I have a psychological block from my years of depression that prevents me from crying. Also, I didn't have any deep down things to share because I don't hide my past at all. (As you can tell from one of my previous posts explaining my life story, haha)

When the boys came back, they had bought this tea flower thingy that we all wanted to see. Apparently it is a bunch of tea leaves that are tied together and supposed to 'bloom' when placed in water. It then makes tea or something. We all expected it to be really cool and were gathered around the teapot on the table. It took forever and I don't think it ever fully bloomed. It was rather anti-climatic. We then all wrote a Thank You card for the Tinneys to go with the present of chocolate and tea that we had bought them.

No comments: