Friday, November 5, 2010

"I guess we'll substitute Finn for Gill"

Today was the last day of lectures. I had my biology lecture (last one ever, except for the one I have to listen to on lectopia). We were supposed to have a guest lecturer, Howard Gill, come in to talk to us, but he couldn't make it, so our lecturer, Hugh Finn, gave the lecture. What was it about? Fish! Honestly it was... I couldn't make this stuff up! He also talked about our exam.

I came back and I don't remember what I did, but I'm sure it was boring. As per a suggestion from my sister, I'll talk about university sports in Australia in this post.

Sports in Australia are still big, like footy and such, but they don't really have sports in Universities. If you are really good at a sport, you will go to professional sports after secondary/high school. They have clubs for sports, like netball. There are also the Unigames. They are a week during our second study break where different teams and clubs from universities all over the country compete. This year they were held at Murdoch, but I didn't go because of my field study and I didn't know anyone that went. There were some people from CIEE that competed, though. Sports at the university level are by no means comparable to college level in the States based on popularity. Universities here don't even have mascots. Anyone that knows me well know that I don't know a lot about sports, so here's the wikipedia article on Australian sports.

No comments: