Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This is more than 1 1/2 teaspoons!

My parents came to visit my Uni today. We first went to my flat to go online to register for our trip on Friday. (My parents didn't have internet where they were staying at that time.) My internet had run out because it was per month. We tried to fiddle around with in and eventually after a few hours of trying to buy the week pass, it let me log in. I also don't think it ended up charging me.





I then took my parents on a tour of the campus. We first went to the CIEE office where my parents met Paul. My dad ended up talking to Paul for a while and telling what seemed to be our life story, as always. They also talked about Cricket and my dad asked Paul to explain it. Paul ended up emailing me a link to send to my dad that helped explain it to Americans by using references to baseball and other American sports. We went around the rest of campus and also ran into Russ.

Later that night, we had our final farewell dinner for CIEE. I met Carrie and Corin in Corin's flat where the were working on a present for Paul. It was a poster in the shape of Australia with pictures from this semester on it. It is a good thing I got there before they finished, because they had the map of Australia upside down! Carrie wouldn't believe me, but she googled it and found I was right.

We were supposed to meet in Freo and then Paul was taking us to an unknown location. We met by a church and he had us all walk to the place. It ended up being Clancy's fish pub. It was a cute fish and chips place. Some people got calamari and chips but I just got the fish and chips. We were also given these funny paper things to get drinks with. Everyone signed the poster during dinner and afterwards we gave it to Paul. After dinner we all got ice cream. Many people were excited to get sprinkles, and thought I was crazy for not liking sprinkles! Carrie was holding a beer when she got her ice cream with sprinkles, and it made me laugh, hence the picture.

After dinner we were going to go to Newport because it was our last Wednesday. When Carrie came over she saw the giant salt thing that one of my flatmates had in the kitchen. She said that the amount of salt you are supposed to eat in a day is 1.5 teaspoons. People came over and we got ready to go to Newport. Before we left, Connor got Carrie a tequila shot and when she put salt on her hand, but she had licked too much of her hand. She then said 'This is more than a teaspoon and a half!' It was fun and Carrie and I left in time to be able to take the bus back to Murdoch.

No comments: