Sunday, November 21, 2010

"This is worse than the frat house I lived in during college!"

I did not sleep well last night since I took that nap and my parents are jet lagged. They were up and I was up so we were talking. They also always get up at like 6 when the sun gets up, so I only got a few hours of sleep. I was exhausted but since they had jet lag they were fine. I was also extremely hungry when I woke up because we didn't eat dinner since we ate lunch late and I didn't have any sort of snacks at their flat. I also had a pretty bad headache. We eventually went to the Freo markets again when they opened. I got some strawberries to eat. They were pretty good, but really tiny. We also had to get some more of the epically awesome olives. :) We got a medium container this time and then my parents wanted to get some cheese and we decided to get another container. We also asked the lady how they were made so that we can try to make them at home.

Outside my flat at Murdoch
 student village
We then took the bus back to my flat. I was going to take my parents on a tour of the campus, but I was not feeling good at all. I showed them around my flat, though. That's when my dad said the quote I have for the title. It isn't even as bad as it has been sometimes. I have pictures on flickr of my flat and when my parents have been here so far. (Yes, I am wearing the same clothes as yesterday because I hadn't brought a change of clothes to their flat since I wasn't intending on staying the night. Also, there are pictures from their camera that aren't on flickr yet.) I ended up taking a nap while my parents walked to the store. I forgot that it was Sunday and that Cole's and Kmart are both closed on Sundays. My parents ended up going to IGA, though.

When they got back, I woke up and could finally do my laundry since we got $1 coins from various places yesterday and this morning. (yes, we had to ask for them because that's how bad I needed to do laundry.) I also texted Carrie and Corin to come with my parents and me to Chicken Treat for lunch. Chicken Treat is basically a REALLY good version of KFC. It is still fast food, but it actually tastes good and there is meat, unlike the mostly bone and breading at KFC. They also have really good chips (chips= fries in America), but they weren't as good today as the other time I went there. The flavour was still really good but they were floppier chips.

After lunch, my parents went back to Freo to change flats because they are spending a few days one on the beach. I flipped my laundry then ended up taking another nap since I still didn't feel that well. It was one of those naps that you are in such a deep sleep that when you wake up it feels like you rose from the dead. It was great and well needed. Now I'm just sitting in my room that feels like a sauna. We don't have air conditioning (there also isn't insulation) but I do have a little space heater thing that has a fan setting. It doesn't do that much, though.

No comments: