Monday, October 25, 2010

db, fm,fs

I had class this morning and we had a guest speaker who works with Deaths in Custody and presented information to the UN. I then went back and made hot wings for lunch (they were very good, but not the same as home) and read for my class tomorrow before my tute. I then came back and read some more. Really exciting, I know... I also went to MCU today. Joel led the discussion as we talked about the last part of Colossians. We were talking about what one part of it meant when Matt said something about sending things like 'beloved brother' in texts. He then came up with the abbreviation in the title, which means 'dear brother, faithful minister, and fellow servant.' I'm sure it will catch on. :P Now I'm just eating some more wings as I write this, then I'll read before going to bed.

The next topic my dad requested that I talk about is Australian humour. I honestly haven't noticed that much of a difference. In Paul's ongoing orientation class we talk about differences in Australian culture from that of America, and people have said that they are more blunt and to the point here. They are also sarcastic. I guess that's kind of how I am, so I don't notice. This picture is of a billboard that I saw after our sailing trip on Saturday, and I guess it kind of shows some Aussie humour.


Also, I plan on writing a post debunking rumours about Australia, so if you have any let me know!

No comments: