Friday, October 22, 2010

There were so many good quotes, that I just can't remember!

I got up somewhat early today to go to the CIEE office to print off my paper to turn in before class. I was so glad to be able to finally turn my book review in after a 2 week extension! I then had my Wildlife Biology lecture where we had a guest lecturer come in and talk about eco-tourism and the dolphins at Shark Bay. After class, I went back to my flat and got ready to go to the beach. I was going to go with Carrie, Corin, Sam, and some other people, but Carrie texted me that it was too cold. We then ended up going shopping in Perth instead. I got a dress and some shoes to wear out and an little apple pie from a bakery.

We got back at around 6 and I ate some raspberries and watched Big Bang Theory before meeting Carrie and going to Sam's flat. She was watching an episode Dexter when we got there, and so she explained the show to us. A whole bunch of other people came to Sam's flat too and they played some drinking games and I'm not really sure what else was going on. Eventually we went over to Corin's flat and we were just hanging out with Corin, Jedd (her flatmate), Carrie, and Cass. We also ordered pizza. It was really good since I was so hungry and haven't had pizza here except the stuff with a whole bunch of toppings that I pick off.

So my grandma wants me to talk about the price ratio for groceries and such. (My sister also gave me some ideas for topics to talk about, but I'm going to stick to one a day so that I don't run out.) It seems that things cost more here, but I also never have to buy my own groceries at home. At school I have always been on a meal plan and my parents pay for groceries when they visit or I go home. I do know that chicken, which is pretty much all I buy as a picky eater, is 13.50 per kilogram. This is a lot and recently it has been on sale for 9.50 or 11 dollars per kilo. A kilogram is 2.2 pounds. I don't buy many of the other typical foods because I am so picky, but here is a link that is for the catalogue at Cole's. (the AUD is now about equivalent to the USD) http://catalogues.coles.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=12870086927368&pageview=thumbnail

1 comment:

Brad said...

I noticed in the Cole's catalogue that there is a picture of the chef guy who has been on Biggest Loser. Must be a big celebrity down under...