Monday, October 4, 2010

"or euthanize, as we have a lot of pre-vet students here."

Monday. :( I had my least favourite class today, and I realized part of why I don't know what's going on. She has too many words on the slides for her powerpoint and I keep zoning out. After class, I went to the CIEE office because I wanted to see if my absentee ballot came in the mail. I was checking for it all week only to realize on Friday that I was having it sent to the CIEE office because I didn't have my address at the time I filled out the request. Paul asked how I was doing, and I said 'meh' so he asked what was wrong. Then I explained my feelings about the class, while being cautious because her office is about two doors down and I didn't want her to walk by. He told me that I needed to talk to her, which is what I knew, I just didn't want to. I told him that she scares be, but he said that she is actually really nice.

I went back to my flat and tried to read and also took a nap before my tute. I also filled out my ballot but I have to take it to the post office still. I've got to do it soon to make sure that it gets back to Michigan in time to be counted. At the tute, she had someone come in from the learning centre to talk to us about how to write a book review. That really helped, but I was still anxious about the 'book' part because I didn't understand it. I talked to her afterward and she's giving me an extension. She told me to finish the book, then talk to her about it and go over it and we'll decide on when my new deadline will be. Hopefully I can do much better on this one since she's going to help me. When I got back I started to read the book again but now I'm taking notes as I read through it to try and keep my attention focused on the book.

At 7:30 I went to village MCU. We talked about the beginning of Colossians chapter 3 and Phoebe led the discussion. The title of this post of course comes from MCU. There is one passage that talks about putting to death immorality etc and Steve said that quote. Almost everyone in MCU is pre-vet or some kind of biological sciences. I guess that's part of the reason why I like it so much, because it is similar to the people I'm around at Hope because they are Christians and sciencey. :) Afterwards, Steve talked to Katie and me about the bus trip and conference at the end of the semester. Katie is leaving from Sydney on December 13, so that's probably when I'll leave too.

Now I'll probably just read some more and go to bed since Tuesdays are such long days.

No comments: