Thursday, October 28, 2010

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight

I had no class today because I never have class on Thursdays. I woke up relatively early to shower and cook chicken before MCU common time. The chicken took forever to cook, though, so I didn't have time to eat before MCU. At MCU the speaker talked about what it means to be a mature Christian and the passage in the bible in Hebrews that talks about needing milk instead of solid food.

I came back and ate while watching some TV online. I also started watching Dexter, and I blame Sam for that because she was watching it when we went over there last Friday and started explaining it. It's really good, but I can't find it somewhere that isn't megavideo, which limits your usage before it makes you wait to watch again.

The next subject for my blog was requested by my sister about constellations in Australia. Now I am no star-gazer and can't find a constellation to save my life, but I do know that they have different ones from the northern hemisphere. (It's not that I don't like looking at the stars... in Denmark, WA, we saw a beautiful display of stars and even the Milky Way!) For starters they have the southern cross. This is depicted on their flag as well as New Zealand's flag. I did some looking online and found out that there is no 'pole star' in the south, like the North Star. There are also some constellations that can be seen at any time during the year and some that can only be seen during certain seasons. The picture shows the different constellations of the southern hemisphere in relation to each other. More information on constellations can be seen here.

No comments: