Monday, October 18, 2010

"...I look like a gay pirate"

I had class my contemporary indigenous issues class today and a guest lecturer came in from Curtin University in Perth to talk about the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) that Curtin has and her story. After lecture I went to my flat to each lunch before heading off to the library to read additional information for my book review. The two books that Michelle told me to read were in closed reserve, so I had to read them there. I stayed there and took notes for my paper until our tute. In the tute we were split into two groups and had to write an RAP for Murdoch.

On my way back from the tute I decided to take some pictures of Octavius in the path between where my class and the village are that I always walk along. I took a picture in the tall grass area and then decided to place him in a tree. He fell out of the tree and fell off of his stand. I went to pick him up, and he was right next to one of those giant lizard things! I did not expect it and it scared me, but luckily it didn't move and neither Octavius nor the stand hit it. I did end up taking a picture of Octavius with it, though.


At 7:30, I had village bible study. I almost forgot to go, but remembered at 7:23. Ha! Joel led the study as we went through the next part of Colossians. After bible study I was too lazy to leave and ended up talking to a bunch of people and we ended up staying until 11:30! (bible study is usually done at 9) We were talking about all sorts of random things, including the guys talking about facial hair. Matt was talking about how if he grows a moustache and a certain beard he looks like a gay pirate, which is where the title comes from.

I didn't really get around to doing any homework tonight, so I'm going to try and write some of my book review before going to bed since I've been having trouble sleeping at night anyway. G'night!

Also, sorry it's a bit boring but I can't think of anything else interesting to talk about so write a comment if you'd like me to write about something in particular.

No comments: