Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I will give up my belief in evolution if someone finds a fossil rabbit in the Precambrian." -JBS Haldane

I always try to think of a quote from the day that I've heard for a title and this was the best I could come up with. Our guest lecturer in wildlife biology said something about it and I thought it was funny. Today was Tuesday so I had 5 hours straight of class starting at 8:30. First I had wildlife biology and we had a guest lecturer. I was so boring because all we ever talk about it methods for designing research. Definitely not what I'm used to learning about in a science class. Then I went to my Aboriginal Colonised History class. Our normal lecturer was gone because he is sick with the flu. Instead Bob Reece, the guy who used to teach the class, gave us our lecture and put in the doco for our tute. Bob is a guest lecturer for that class quite a lot. He tends to ramble on a lot and go off on tangents, so it can be boring at times. Since Ken, our normal lecturer, wasn't there, we still don't have any of our assignments back. In the tute we watched a doco about 'Spirit stones' which were quite interesting when Ken told us about them, but the doco was really boring. I then had Paul's ongoing orientation thing. We talked about optical illusions, stereotypes, and cultural generalizations. It was our last session for ongoing orientation.

Afterwards, I went to the CIEE office with everyone to eat lunch. The sandwiches I had today were actually really good. I then left with everyone else to go back to the village. I ended up checking my email and going to take a nap. Is it pathetic that I can't function longer than that without taking a nap? Anyway, I slept longer than I should have. (I hit snooze a few too many times :P) Then I got online again and watched How I Met Your Mother and got otherwise distracted and before I knew it it was 8:00! I then tried to do a little reading before I heard the sound of a notification on facebook so I checked it and ended up back on there. I think I have a problem. Then I had to shower and now I'm writing this. I really do plan to actually read some before I go to sleep (I always say that and never do!) and hopefully I'll get up early enough tomorrow to read some before lab. I have to get up to cook some chicken anyway.

No comments: